Equipment Coverage on all handsets:
Equipment Coverage protects lost and physical or liquid damaged phones.
If a phone with Equipment Coverage encounters any of the aforementioned instances, a customer would be able to purchase a new phone at a deductible price. Deductible prices vary depending on the retail price of equipment (ranging from $35 to $225). The non-refundable deductible must be paid in order to receive replacement equipment.
- Equipment Coverage will not affect your contract. The only change made will be the warranty date of the phone. It will be 1 year from the day you purchased the phone.
- You will pay the deductible price of the phone the day you purchase the new phone.
- Limit of 2 claims within a 12 month period, which begins on the date of the first claim.
- Customer is eligible to replace their equipment with one of equal or lesser value, or can pay an additional $50 upgrade fee, along with the higher deductible, to receive a higher tiered handset.
- Coverage begins immediately at the point of activation of service or point of sale for new equipment.
- If enrollment is completed after point of sale, customer is subject to a 90-day wait period before coverage begins. The equipment must also be inspected by a NorthwestCell Technician before coverage will be added.
- The $4.95 monthly fee will appear as a charge on the monthly cellular bill, and is a prorated feature. The non-refundable deductible must be paid in order to receive replacement equipment.
- Claims must be made within 30 days of the incident. The claim will be approved or denied by NorthwestCell.
- NorthwestCell retains the right to change deductible rates or pricing if necessary.
Warranty qualifications for all handsets:
Warranty covers anything that is wrong with the actual phone itself.
All phones except for BlackBerry and Sonim handsets have 1 year warranty effective from the date of phone purchase.
Sonim phones carry a 3 year warranty, and if there is a phone issue NorthwestCell sends the phone to Sonim for repair.
Warranty does not cover physical damage, liquid damage, or lost phones.
How to register the Sonim handsets:
- First visit www.sonimtech.com
- At the top right hand side of the screen, go to SUPPORT.
- Next, you will click on the REGISTER icon.
- You will come to the Customer Registration screen. You will need to complete and submit the form below to activate your 3 yr warranty on your Sonim phone.
- When you get to the bottom of the screen, you will have the choice to keep the box, “Yes, please send me Sonim news and promotional offers” checked, or to uncheck the box if you wish not to receive Sonim news and promotional offers.
- Finally, you will then click REGISTER when finished.
How to check for updates on Motorola Phones:
- About phone
- System updates
Your phone will say “Checking for System Updates” and it will display a message saying your device is either:
- Up to date
- No update necessary at this time
- Or will tell you that you need the update for your phone.
If your phone needs the update, just click ok when prompted.